Almost all of our participants are over the age of 65 and/or have other health issues. This means they are at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19. We are doing everything we can to keep our participants and staff safe.
- Limited visitors, volunteers, and in-person tours.
- Volunteers – Beginning May 2021, we will allow a small number of volunteers to return to the Center in person. Volunteers will be reintroduced in phases. Only fully vaccinated volunteers will be allowed to return.
- In-person Tours – We have resumed live tours of our facilities for prospective client families and donors. These tours must be scheduled in advance. Unvaccinated visitors must be masked, vaccinated visitors are not required to wear a mask but are welcome to do so if they wish. Everyone entering the building must be able to answer the COVID Questions appropriately.
- Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a mask in the building. Vaccinated staff, clients, and guests are not required to wear a mask but may wear one if they wish to. All clients and staff must present proof of vaccination if they wish not to wear a mask.
- Temperatures of all participants and staff are checked upon entry to the Center. Any visitors will have their temperature checked as well. Those with a temp of 100 or higher will be sent home.
- We encourage frequent and thorough hand washing and give hand sanitizer often.
- All extra clothing and disposable undergarments are stored in large zip-top bags, on individual shelf compartments.
- We have installed touchless faucets in the client restrooms.
- The building is professionally cleaned every weeknight.
- We are using 3M Filtrete 2800 Ultra Fine HVAC filters.
- All shared equipment and surfaces are cleaned regularly.
- Blankets are washed between each use.
- Toilets are cleaned after each use. We have installed commercial toilet lids, which are closed before flushing the toilets.
- Personal care services (bathing, showering, shaving, and hair care) are temporarily suspended, unless there is an extreme emergency during the day.
Anyone entering the building will be required to truthfully and thoughtfully respond to these questions.
Have you or a loved one traveled internationally in the past 14 days?
If Yes, you will be asked follow-up questions to determine if you need to quarantine before being at the Center.
Have you, your loved one, or anyone in your household been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19?
If Yes, you will not be allowed to enter the client area and will be asked to leave the Center immediately.
Have you or anyone in your household had a COVID test in the past 14 days?
If yes, you will not be allowed to enter the client area and will be asked to wait in your car. Further questioning will be necessary.
Have you had any of the following symptoms in the past 24 hours?
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue and muscle or body aches
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
If Yes, you will not be allowed to enter the client area and will be asked to wait in your car. Further questioning will be necessary.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- Any nonvaccinated person who is dropping off or picking up a loved one MUST wear a mask to enter the building.
- Please allow plenty of time for drop-off and pick-up. You may have to wait.
- Only one family in the entry/lobby at a time. Please wait in the car until it is your turn to enter.
- Staff will unlock the doors to let you in the lobby.
- Staff will take your loved one’s temperature. If your loved one has a temperature of 100 or higher, they will not be allowed to stay.
- You will be asked the COVID questions.
- Staff will escort your loved one to the client area. Only clients and staff are permitted to go past the front desk.
- If you need to speak with a specific staff member, please call or email that staff member.
- Check-out procedure is the same.
- Staff will escort the client to the lobby.
- Pick up your loved one’s care note in the entryway before leaving.
Visitors & Volunteers
Beginning May 2021, the Center will reopen to a limited number of visitors, volunteers, and in-person tours. We serve a vulnerable population and want to do everything we can to keep our clients safe and healthy.
If you are a volunteer, we miss you! And we can’t wait until the day when we can all be together again. We are reintroducing volunteers in phases, starting with a very small number of weekly music volunteers. Please be patient with us. These phases will occur SLOWLY. Currently, only fully vaccinated adults will be allowed to return to in-person volunteering. No groups. No individuals who participate in a congregate setting (such as schools, colleges, and hospitals).
An appointment is required to visit the Center. If you would like to drop off a donation, call the office at 901-854-1200 to make those arrangements. We so appreciate you!